Since November 2009, an unitary European Direct Debit Scheme exists, the B2B Direct Debit. It may be used for EURO-payments in the inland as well as for EURO-payments within all SEPA-countries Europe-wide.
- The B2B direct debit is validated only for companies
- The B2B direct debit is final - no right of refund for the demanded amount.
Direct debits between companies may use both direct debit or B2B direct debit. B2B direct debits are final only with a valid mandate. Companies, liable to pay, are strongly recommended to submit the signed mandate to the house bank.
For the migration to the direct debit attention should be paid to the following:
- Instead of account number and bank identification number of the debtor's house bank, the IBAN (International Banking Account Number) and the BIC (Bank Identifier Code) are used.
- Application of a CreditorID at the creditor bank
- Assignment of mandate references
- Information to the debtor (date of migration, procedure, mandate reference, CID)
- Definition of a due date; on this date the calling-in of the debtor's account happens.
- One-off, first direct debits as well as recurrent direct debits shall be submitted at the latest 1 bank working days before ahead of schedule at the payer’s bank. Precise information about deadlines are available at your house bank.